APRIL follows in fine style with a preview of May's main event: Absolutely Cabaret. Previews are at Stonewell Tavern and The Robert Gillow, Thursday 4th April, with Seddon Sisters Sue and Dippy Diamond Sally.
8th May and the show must go on. Here is our modest little account of the main event:
- The Infamous seddon family mafia in mayday mayhem
- Direct from Dublin: daughter Emma as Pussy Byrne and her Whirling balls
- Emma Pearson stands up
- Lancaster's very own Sue Seddon presents
- Right royal Burlesque
- Gran the Gusset tester
- West end wendy nervously supported by Red Hot Ronnie (Keyboard King) wandering hands wilkie (Musical Crooner and Token Male torn apart on stage) With the delightful,delicious and dippy debutante
- Sister Sally is Big, Blond and Beautiful!
It's hot hot hot at The Park Hotel
Sunday 5th May 8pm
Full Show, Late Bar, Lots of Fun!
Come to the Cabaret, Dress Diva, and be your Burlesque Best as "CHRISTMAS WITH KNOBS ON! hits the stage. Gran the Gusset Tester puts the COR! into corsets, Betty Blue, the Belle with Balls, goes Big Blond and Beautiful and Nigella Ladylumps shows off her legendary Plum Duffs. All in the best possible taste! All at The Gregson Centre, Lancaster, Sunday 16th December, 8pm. Tickets £5 from venue or book via e-mail
Taste of Dickens becomes the small but perfectly formed "DICKENS AT CHRISTMAS" at the Mitchell and Kenyon Theatre, UCLAN, Preston. All seats FREE! Starts 7.30. Saturday 8th December.
A Taste of Dickens returns to Lancaster on the 14th at Black Box Theatre, University of Cumbria. By donation, seats bookable via email@example.com
OCTOBER: The Dockside Doxies strutted (well, wobbled and creaked) their stuff from John O' Gaunt to St George's Quay. All part of Lancaster Music Festival and greeted with delight/mystification by all who saw them. The cunning ploy of pretending to forget their lines was particularly effective.
Sept 9th at St John's Church MRS DICKENS PRESENTS an irreverent and intimate portrait of the great man: his life, his loves, his work and her opinions!
1.30 and 2.30, donation,. As pert of Heritge Open Days
Sept 7th, 7.30pm. at THE GRAND: LANCASTER THEATRE PRODUCTIONS presents show and buffet "A TASTE OF DICKENS"
Readings adapted by Michael Nunn. Humour and pathos celebrate Dicken's bicentenary and his time in Lancaster
MUSICAL MAYHEM as Sue and alter egos GRAN THE GUSSET TESTER, NIGELLA LADYLUMPS and THE QUEEN (MOTHER) of BURLESQUE join forces with BETTY BLUE- the girl with more than her fair share of balls-accompamied by the unexpurgated RED HOT RONNIE on piano. Burlesque, blue and ever so slightly bawdy!
8 FOR 8.30PM, THE STONEWELL TAVERN LANCASTER, JULY 15TH, FREE
JUBILEE SPECIAL as Boogie Bill jazzes up the National Anthem as never before!
Nigella Ladylumps cooks up a storm with her Royal tribute recipe: Coronation Corgi
Betty Blitz leads us in a nostalgic knees-up
Plus : Mysterious Guest!!!
7-9pm, Upstairs at The Robert Gillow, tickets at bar
Saturday June 2nd and Sunday 3rd:
THE THURSDAY GIRLS return with their irreverent tribute to Tudor monarchy
SIX WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL
Sat: 12 noon St John's Church and 1pm in Market Square
Sun: 3pm, John O' Gaunt and 4pm onwards, 3 Mariners
Sunday 1st at Three Mariners, 4.30 pm, West End Wendy and Nigella Ladylumps present their legendary advice: how to make the most of Bum Cleavage andwhat to do with a Floppy Sausage
Pack up your Troubles as Absolutely Cabaret takes The Stonewell Tavern by storm with a nostalgic theme. Bomber Bill Wilding,Hermione Blackwell, Betty Blitz, Tommie John, Wandering Hands Wilkie and Tess the Tease will take you down Memory Lane! 8.30pm, free
- Wednesday 21st
- Nigella Ladylumps, Kitchen Goddess, at the Sparkle Lounge Cabaret Night, Dalton Rooms, shows her amazing tips including how to help hubby get the most out of his sausage… Nigella is rude with food!
- £10 from Dalton Rooms. Show starts at 8.50pm
- Thursday 15th:
- at the Stonewell Tavern, 4pm and Mon 19th at John O' Gaunt, 9pm, Sue Seddon is Making Whoopie with
- Wan dering Hands Wilkie. FreeSunday 11th
- Thursday Girls return with the fabulous ABSOLUTELY CABARET
- Be amazed by Tessa Tease, Wandering Hands Wilkie, Vintage Lil, Anne Bare Lady Blackwell, Nigella Ladylumps and the incredible Bill Wild Thing Wilding!
Free at the Stonewell Tavern. Show starts at 8.30pm